Thursday, June 21, 2012

To-do list progress: teaser entry



My time in Taiwan is running really short. Tomorrow Becca goes back home and I become the last remaining CIEE student. On Sunday, my parents arrive and although I won't be leaving Taiwan, it will be a departure from the life I've been living here, so I essentially have two days left to wrap things up. I have lots of stories from the past week but as just a taste of what you have to look forward to hearing about, I will let you in on the progress of my to-do list...


My To-Do Before Leaving Taiwan List (developed around 6 weeks ago):

- Everything on the metro list: (13/16)
                X - Yangming Park
                X - National Palace Museum
                X - Xingtian Temple
                National Taiwan Science Education Center
                Shilin Official Residence
                Taipei Expo Park
                X - Martyrs Shrine
                X - The Lin Family Mansion and Garden
                X - Taipei Fine Arts Museum
                X - Longshan Temple
                X - Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall
                X - Taipei 101
                X - Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall
                X - National Museum of History
                X - Taipei Zoo
                X - Maokong Gondola
- Daan Park
X - Starbucks on 35th floor of Taipei 101
X - Hike at school
X - Hike elsewhere
- Sun Moon Lake [I will go here with parents next week]
X - Bike ride
X - Make something
X - Develop skill
X - Get massage
- Go to coffee alley
X - Start painting
X - Wear clothes I wouldn't wear - polo, traditional, other?
X - Eat snake
X - Eat shark


A good number of these items have been crossed off in the past week and you will be hearing about them soon! It's been a school-intensive week so I spent more time than I would have liked in my dorm either doing work or procrastinating doing work. But now I have finished all of my finals, papers, presentations, and classes... except one :( due in July. Which is going to ruin me. But for now, I'm going to try and forget about it and enjoy my final moments in Taiwan!

Stay tuned for all the gritty details!!

1 comment: